On the first anniversary of the Pugs project, I'm delighted to announce Pugs 6.2.11 to the world.
The release tarball will be available from CPAN shortly:
SIZE = 2930469
SHA1 = 20b46eed2161e8cec2e85ecfc6b5137c30dcd0ac
Please see http://pugs.blogs.com/pugs/2006/02/changes_for_pug.html for the full change log. Here are some highlights:
- Lexical imports and rich module interface information in %*INC
- YAML serialization support for data structure, parse tree and ASTs
- Improved embedding and PIR generation for Parrot 0.4.1+
- PIL^N backend prototype with Class, Roles and Container objects
- A prototype implementation of 6PAN module management system
I'm very grateful to the lambdacamels for carrying Pugs forward in the past three months, which has been a difficult period of transition for me.
Now that I'm back to reality under a new-yet-original identity, I look forward to meet fellow Pugs hackers again at the upcoming hackathons: Israel, Germany, Austria, Japan, Taiwan, and undoubtedly many other places.
It has been a wonderful year. Many happy returns! :-)