Here is the report on the 4 days of the YAPC-SA-2007 Hackathon, from April 12 to 15, 2007, in Porto Alegre, Brazil (during fisl8.0).
- added the KindaPerl6 diagram
- added a KindaPerl6 memory layout diagram - with help from #perl6
- added the MiniPerl6 talk (pdf)
- started the Perl6-in-Parrot target: desugars MiniPerl6 into p6parrot supported features
- grammar fix: semicolon is optional after a block
- perl5 backend: implemented warn()
- new: mp6-to-AST script
- nferraz started porting Test.pm to mp6
- memory management: BEGIN-block side effects are logged
- updated plan, discussed a possible release schedule
- fixed the container proxy algorithm (the implementation needs to be fixed; pugs has the same problem)
- fixed the "fish-operator" =<>
- fixed the quoted-word-operator <...>
- ratchet emitter fix, array interpolation now works
- nferraz and fglock started an adventure game implementation (with v6.pm), to be presented by nferraz at the Nordic Perl Workshop.
The network proxy at the conference did not allow commits to pass through, and there will be some delay until all the changes get to the repository.
Thanks to cmarcelo, david_fetter, eden_c, lorn, merlyn, and nferraz for 4 great days!
- Flavio S. Glock (fglock)